Level 2 Award in Cleaning in Food Premises
This qualification has been designed to provide an essential introduction to the hazards associated with cleaning in food premises and how to control the risks involved to help prevent harm being caused.
Who needs this qualification?
Anyone whose job it is to clean food premises needs to be aware of the hazards, risks and controls specific to their environment whether they are employed as in-house or contract cleaners.
Why is this training important?
Under Regulation (EC) No. 852/2004 on the hygiene of food stuffs Annex II, food business operators are required to:
- Understand the importance of cleaning in food premises,
- identify hazards and describe controls to reduce ris
- Understand the need for proper preparation before commencing cleaning operations in food premises, from storage to personal hygiene.
- Understand the range of options available in the methods and materials for cleaning and outline the controls that can be implemented to prevent contamination and cross-contamination and facilitate cleaning.
- Understand the importance of measuring the impact of the cleaning undertaken in food premises.
Successful completion of the Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering / for Manufacturing / for Retail.